A Button Down with a Dress
I saw an outfit similar to this one in a recent Madewell photo on Pinterest. My initial thought was “how have I not thought about that before?”. It seems so simple, intuitive. I guess I had forgotten about this combo but regardless, I’m happy I was inspired again during my daily scroll through Pinterest. I think most exciting part is that it gives the dress a whole new look. It looks like a skirt doesn’t it?. Also, a similar look can be achieved in the fall. Simply swap an oxford for a sweater.
Dress: Lilly Pulitzer (similar) | Button Down: Gap | Purse: Tory Burch (similar) | Shoes: Steve Madden (similar)
Watch: Daniel Wellington
Weekly Round Up 8.18.17 – Late Summer Shopping Edition
Even though I’m no longer in school, this time of year always has that back-to-school feeling. Getting ready for September and shopping for fall clothes. I love this time of year! It’s tough though because it’s still August and going to be hot for another month. So for this weeks round up, I wanted to focus on late summer shopping that will take you into fall as well. The key is layers and closet staples that you can wear now and later.
Best Sales and Items to Shop Now
1. Banana Republic is having an awesome sale right now. Take an extra 40% off. There are cutes tops and dresses to wear for work, summer, and fall.
2. Gap has the perfect fall basics. Like this trench coat and my favorite denim jacket. A trench coat is a closet essential along with a good denim jacket. Plus, they look cute in Spring too.
3. I live in blazers in the fall. I love this tan school boy blazer from J.Crew Factory and it’s on sale!
4. Ankle boots and simple black flats are always perfect in September/October. Both of these linked are under $100!
5. I never thought I’d be an overalls person but I’ve been converted. These ones from Madewell give a real chilly weather vibe and I really want them. You can also wear them with tank tops now.
6. Ann Taylor is having a huge sale at the moment: 40% off everything.
7. Black skinny jeans are always in my closet. I have these high waisted ones from J.Crew and probably wear them at least once a week. You can also pair them with a sleeveless top now and they’re good as going out pants.
Those are the late summer shopping items I’m loving right now. As well as some pretty good sales to check out.
I hope you all have a great weekend! I’m headed to Annapolis, MD for the weekend which will be filled with sailing and shopping. Couldn’t be more excited 🙂
One | Two | Three | Four | Five | Six | Seven | Eight
Simple Grey T-Shirt
Happy Wednesday everyone! I hope the week is going well. Today I’m sharing another one of my go-to summer looks. As I do these posts I realize more and more that I love easy to put on summer outfits. Especially with it being so warm and being in the city. I like things that are easy to get around in and still feel chic.
This t-shirt from Gap is so comfortable, soft, and really thin for hot summer days. To keep a chic look I always style this shirt with a statement pair of shorts or pants. These scallop Lilly Pulitzer ones never disappoint!
You can also pair this grey t-shirt with a patterned short or a solid color. Lately, I’ve been really into more minimal outfits with simple colors. Either option, pairing this t-shirt with a cute short or skirt is a great easy chic summer outfit! I linked both a similar shirt to this one and the Gap page to all their shorts. The material isn’t stiff, it’s more of a jersey material. They also have so sleeveless ones that I have my eye on!
Grey T-Shirt: Gap | Shorts: Lilly Pulitzer | Purse: Tory Burch (similar) | Shoes: Louise Et Cie (similar)
Watch: Daniel Wellington c/o
How to Wear Boyfriend Jeans
A major trend this fall are wide leg pants and looser fitting styles like boyfriend jeans. I’m usually one to stick with skinny jeans but I’m really loving the different styles that add new shapes to my wardrobe. I haven’t tried the wide leg trend yet (haven’t found the perfect pair) but I am definitely a fan of boyfriend jeans. I love how casual and relaxed they come off.
If you’re used used to a certain style like skinny, it can be hard or feel strange to wear a purposefully baggy pant. With that said, I’m here to help! You definitely have to be more cognizant of the shape and style of the top you choose to pair boyfriend jeans with. Since they are baggy, if you’re top is too baggy, the look can come off as disheveled and not casual chic. Finding the right top to pair them with is probably the hardest part. As far as shoes, sticking to a ballet flat or an oxford shoe is always safe.
In this outfit, I added a lacy, feminine top from J.Crew along with all brown leather accessories. This look is simple and easy to replicate. Also, as part of this “how to”, I’ve listed below four types of tops that will always look cute and chic paired with boyfriend jeans.
The Striped T- Shirt
I love striped t-shirts. I’ve never been let down by one when I didn’t know what to wear. Add a little ruffle to the sleeve and even better. I think with these jeans, a relaxed striped t-shirt always looks effortless and comfortable.
The Frilly Top
Because the pants are more baggy, a feminine top like the one I’m wearing, always looks put together. In the cooler summer days, a sleeveless one is perfect.
The Fancy Top
Baggy jeans can look too casual and silk/shiny tops always dresses them up. Find one in a solid color and you’ll always have something to pair these with.
The “Not-too-Baggy” Sweater
For the fall months, a crew neck sweater is your best friend with looser fitting pants. I really like fitted, waist length sweaters since they’re versatile and comfortable.
Top: J.Crew (similar) | Jeans: Ann Taylor (similar) | Shoes: J.Crew Factory (similar) | Purse: Tory Burch (similar)
What a week! So very happy it’s Friday. Throughout the week, I’ve gone through all my favorite stores and rounded up of all the best fashion finds and sales right now. Shopping in August is amazing. First because all the summer clothes are going on sale and second because it’s time to start shopping for fall. It’s the best of both worlds! So here are the things currently on my radar that should be on yours too!
1. Ann Taylor is having a pretty good sale right now. Like these shoes which you get to take an extra $50 off.
2. So I just discovered Uniqlo. It’s like the Ikea of shopping if you’ve never been to their store. I bought this stripe shirt for $15. It’s amazing, and cute, and so well priced.
3.The Nordstrom sale is over but there are some really good finds still on Nordstrom’s website. Like this bell sleeve top thats under $40 and comes in a lot of different colors!
4. It’s only August but I can’t wait for sweater weather. This LL Bean sweater has been on my radar for over a year now. This sweater is so classic, simple and cute. It’s a little pricy but it’s definitely an item that stays in your closet for years.
5. I’ve been really into Old Navy recently if you’ve been reading my previous posts. I loveee this dress which is perfect for now and under $35 on sale. It will also be cute with a sweater and boots when it starts to cool down.
6. I just bought a pair of loose fitting cream jeans from Topshop and am so happy. They’re a great late summer alternative to white denim. Plus, the loose fit is pretty trendy at the moment. A good staple for a minimalist, relaxed look.
So that’s everything I’m shopping and loving this week. I hope this was useful! Have a great weekend 🙂
One | Two | Three | Four | Five